- Don’t misuse or abuse our Services. Don’t interfere with our Services or try to access them in a way other than what we provide. You can use our Services only as permitted by law. We may suspend, ban, or stop providing our Services to you if you do not follow our policies or terms of service or if we are investigating suspected misconduct.
- Using our Services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our Services or the content you may access. You may not use content from our Services unless you have obtained permission from its owner or are otherwise permitted by law. These terms do not grant you the right to use any branding or logos from our Services without written consent from Tree of Life. Do not remove, obscure, or alter any legal notices displayed in or along with our Services.
- Our Services may display some content that does not belong to Tree of Life. This content is the sole responsibility of the individual who makes it available. We may review content to determine whether it is illegal or violates any of our policies, and we will remove or refuse to display content that we believe violates our policies or the law. We do not necessarily review all content, do not assume that we do.
- In connection with your use of our Services, we may send you announcements, administrative messages, and other information. You may opt out of some of these communications. Some of our Services are available on mobile devices. Do not use our Services in a way that distracts you and prevents or diminishes your ability to obey traffic and safety laws.
Listening and Therapy Services
- You acknowledge and agree that Listeners and Therapists are neither employees nor agents nor representatives of Tree of Life, and Tree of Life assumes no responsibility for any act or omission of any such Listener or Therapist.
- You understand and agree that, although a mental or medical health professional, physician, attorney or other professional Listener or Therapist may have been accessed through Tree of Life, Tree of Life cannot predict or assess the competence of, or appropriateness for your needs, of the professional or other Listener or Therapist. You also acknowledge and agree that you take full responsibility for the decision to access a Listener or Therapist through the Site and to continue to interact with the Listener or Therapist, and that the role of Tree of Life is strictly limited to providing access to such Listeners and Therapists for your consideration.
- Your relationship relating to the Listening and Therapy Services is strictly with the Listener or Therapist. We are not involved in any way with the actual substance of that relationship or any part of the Listening or Therapy Service (whether provided through the Platform or not).
- Tree of Life makes no representation or warranty whatsoever as to (a) the accuracy or availability of the Listening Platform or the Sites, (b) the willingness or ability of the Listener or Therapist to listen, (c) the willingness or ability of any Listener or Therapist to give advice, (d) whether the Member shall find a Listener or Therapists listening useful or satisfactory, (e) whether the Member shall find a Listener or Therapist’s advice relevant, useful, accurate or satisfactory, (f) whether the listening of the Listener or Therapist will be helpful, (g) whether the advice of the Listener or Therapist will be responsive or relevant to the Member’s question, or (h) whether the Listener or Therapist’s advice will otherwise be suitable to the Member’s needs.
- Tree of Life does not verify the skills, degrees, qualifications, credentials or background of any Listeners or Therapists. While we may try to do so from time to time, in our sole discretion, you acknowledge that we do not represent to verify, and do not guarantee the verification of, the skills, degrees, qualifications, licensure, certification, credentials, competence or background of any Therapist. It is your responsibility to conduct independent verification regarding any Therapist that provides you with Therapy Services (whether through the Platform or not). WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU CHECK THE CERTIFICATION AND/OR LICENSING OF THE MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL, MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL, PHYSICIAN, ATTORNEY OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL LISTENER WITH THE APPLICABLE STATE LICENSING BOARD OR AUTHORITIES IN THE LISTENER’S STATE OR COUNTRY.
- In case you make a payment through the Platform, or make any payment to us, this payment is made to the Therapist for the Therapist Services. We may charge the Therapist by taking a portion of this payment for the use and operation of the Platform (“Platform Use Fees”). However, we will not be deemed as the therapist of any Therapy Services regardless of payment. Furthermore, the payment for the use of the Platform is made by the Therapist and not by you.
- Tree of Life provides bulletin boards which allow Members to post questions about various topics and allow Listeners, Therapists and Members to volunteer answers to such questions. Information and advice found on Tree of Life is intended for general information purposes only and does not replace a meeting with a professional. You are encouraged to verify any information provided on Tree of Life. Any reliance on information is done at your sole risk and liability.
- Tree of Life OF TEA DOES NOT WARRANT THE VALIDITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY CONTENT OR ADVICE PROVIDED BY LISTENERS OR THERAPISTS AND Tree of Life WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUSTAINED BY MEMBER DUE TO RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVICE.
- IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE, IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU MAY BE A DANGER TO YOURSELF OR TO OTHERS OR IF YOU OTHERWISE HAVE ANY MEDICAL EMERGENCY, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CALL 911 (OR THE RELEVANT EMERGENCY NUMBER IN YOUR COUNTRY) AND NOTIFY THE POLICE OR EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES.
- You understand and agree that, although a chatbot may have been accessed through Tree of Life, Tree of Life cannot predict or assess the competence of, or appropriateness for your needs, of the chatbot. You also acknowledge and agree that you take full responsibility for the decision to access a chatbot through the Site and to continue to interact with the chatbot, and that the role of Tree of Life is strictly limited to providing access to such chatbots for your consideration.
- Tree of Life OF TEA DOES NOT WARRANT THE VALIDITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY CONTENT OR ADVICE PROVIDED BY CHATBOTS AND Tree of Life WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES SUSTAINED BY MEMBER DUE TO RELIANCE ON ANY SUCH INFORMATION OR ADVICE.
Your Tree of Life Account
You need a Tree of Life account in order to use our Services. You may create your own Tree of Life member and listener account. You may hold only one member and one listener account. To protect your Tree of Life account, keep your password confidential. You are responsible for any activity that happens on or through your Tree of Life account. If you discover any unauthorized use of your password or Tree of Life account, contact email@example.com.
Privacy and Copyright Protection
- We will respond to notices of abuse or alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat offenders according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
Your Content in Our Services
- Some of our Services allow you to upload, submit, store, send or receive content. Tree of Life shall retain all ownership rights in and to all content displayed on the Sites, including copies of data transferred or received by Member through the Sites. This section shall survive expiration or termination of this Agreement.
About Software in Our Services
- Our Services may include downloadable software, which may update automatically on your device once a new version or feature is available. Some Services may let you adjust your automatic update settings.
- You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services or included software, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code of that software, unless laws prohibit those restrictions or you have our written permission. Modifying and Terminating Our Services We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether.
- You can stop using our Services at any time. Tree of Life may also stop providing Services to you or add or create new limits to our Services at any time.
- We believe that you own your data and preserving your access to your data is important. Upon request, we will delete your account, your forum posts, or both.
Our Warranties and Disclaimers
- IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE, IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU MAY BE A DANGER TO YOURSELF OR TO OTHERS, OR IF YOU OTHERWISE HAVE ANY MEDICAL EMERGENCY, PLEASE IMMEDIATELY CALL 911 (OR THE RELEVANT EMERGENCY NUMBER IN YOUR COUNTRY) AND NOTIFY THE POLICE OR EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES.
- We provide our Services using a reasonable level of care and skill and we hope that you enjoy using them. There are certain things that we do not promise about our Services.
- OTHER THAN AS EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS, NEITHER Tree of Life NOR ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUB-CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, OR AGENTS MAKE ANY COMMITMENTS ABOUT THE CONTENT WITHIN THE SERVICES, THE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS OF THE SERVICES, OR THEIR RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, OR ABILITY TO MEET YOUR NEEDS. WE PROVIDE OUR SERVICES “AS IS.” WE EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES.
Liability for Our Services
- WHEN PERMITTED BY LAW, Tree of Life AND Tree of Life’ AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUB-CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, OR AGENTS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST PROFITS, REVENUES, OR DATA, FINANCIAL LOSSES OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF Tree of Life AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUB-CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS FOR ANY CLAIMS UNDER THESE TERMS, INCLUDING FOR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID US TO USE THE SERVICES (OR, IF WE SO CHOOSE, TO SUPPLYING YOU THE SERVICES AGAIN).
- IN ALL CASES, Tree of Life AND ITS AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, SUB-CONTRACTORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT IS NOT REASONABLY FORSEEABLE. Business Uses of Our Services If you are using our Services on behalf of a business or organization, that business or organization accepts these terms. It will hold harmless and indemnify Tree of Life and its affiliates, officers, directors, shareholders, employees, sub-contractors, representatives, and agents from any claim, suit or action arising from or related to the use of the Services or violation of these terms, including any liability or expense arising from claims, losses, damages, suits, judgements, litigation costs, and attorneys’ fees.
About These Terms
- We may modify these terms or any additional terms that apply to a Service to, for example, reflect changes to the law or changes to our Services. You should look at the terms regularly. We’ll post notice of modifications to these terms on this page. We’ll post notice of modified additional terms in the applicable Service. Changes addressing new functions for a Service or changes made for legal reasons will be effective immediately. If you do not agree to the modified terms for a Service, you should immediately discontinue your use of that Service.
- If there is a conflict between these terms and the additional terms, the additional terms will control for that conflict.
- These terms control the relationship between Tree of Life and you. They do not create any third party beneficiary rights.
- If you do not comply with these terms, and we don’t take action right away, that doesn’t mean that we will give up any rights that we may have (such as taking action in the future).
- If it turns out that a particular term is not enforceable, this will not affect any other terms. The laws of California, U.S.A., excluding California’s conflict of laws rules, will apply to any disputes arising out of or relating to these terms or the Services.