The Personal Data and Browser Data (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Data”), automatically collected from this website (hereinafter the “Site”), by means of automated systems or freely entered by the User of this Site.
We receive a number of different types of information about you, including:
- The information that’s required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share.
- Required information such as your name, email address, birthday, and gender. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
- Usernames and User IDs, which are a way to identify you on Tree of Life. A User ID is a string of numbers and a username generally is some variation of your name.
- “Public Information” which means the information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available.
- Information posted to a group chat or moderated session and information kept within a one on one session.
- “Contact Information” is personal information and or family/friend/relation that Tree of Life stores confidentially for your Therapist to access in case of an emergency or mental health crisis.
Parties processing the data
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies or during an emergency circumstance as judged by your Therapist working with local authorities). Generally, we will only use your information within our company. However, sometimes we use third parties to process your information (for example as credit card payment providers). We will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and we will require that they not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
The Uses of the collected Data by Tree of Life
Tree of Life uses non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our Web site and to use in research and trend analysis. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our Web site, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out a site survey or form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals. We only provide data to our partners, if any, after we have removed your name and any other personally identifying information from it or have combined it with other people’s data in a way that it no longer personally identifies you.
- Tree of Life uses non-identifying (De-Identified or “Safe Harbor” form) and aggregate information about responses to the clinical outcome assessments (personal assessments), and the frequency of the utilization of the Tree of Life service. These efforts enhance program evaluation.
- The anonymous and aggregated data also may be published through various media platforms/academic journals. No personal identifying information will be tied to the results, and Tree of Life will not share anything that could be used to identify your account or your private information.
- From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will contact you before we use your data for these new purposes to notify you of the policy change and to provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses.
- Tree of Life stores data only for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above and for legal protections or as required by applicable laws and regulations.
- Tree of Life may enable access to public information that has been shared through our services.
- Tree of Life may allow service providers to access information so they can help us provide services.
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and to analyze and improve the services offered on our website, e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
- Certain information is needed to provide you with services, so we only delete this information after you delete your account.
- Some forms of processing (sending promotional information, commercial profiling, behavioral advertising, geo-location, etc.) may require the express consent of the User. Specific information may be shown on the pages of the Site in connection with particular services or processing of Data provided by the Site User.
- Upon request we provide site visitors with access to a description of information that we maintain about them. Tree of Life uses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at addresses or phone number below.
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos you specifically grant Tree of Life a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Tree of Life (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it. This Paragraph does NOT apply to photos, images or other videos shared ONLY with your Therapist in your private “Room” on the Platform.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
Protecting the Privacy of your fellow Tree of Life Users
- During your use of Tree of Life services, you will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Tree of Life.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access Tree of Life, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission:
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any other User.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not provide any false personal information on Tree of Life or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission. You will not create more than one personal profile.
Copyrights: Tree of Life and Protecting Other People’s Intellectual Property Rights
Portable Electronic Devices
The Tree of Life Platform is available on a multitude of portable electronic devices. We provide our connection to mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, may still apply. You provide all rights necessary to enable Tree of Life Users to sync (including through an application) their contact lists with any basic information and contact information that is visible to them on Tree of Life, as well as your name and profile picture.
Your Use of Your Personal Data
If a Tree of Life User utilizes the Platform to publish or otherwise share their own Personal Data or Contact Information with third parties, he or she assumes full responsibility for any further use of that Data or information.
You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or Tree of Life exclusively in a state or federal court located New York. The laws of the State of Delaware will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on Tree of Life, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
Social Networks and Tree of Life
These services allow the web site to access the data on your profile in the social networks, and to interact through your post. These services are not activated automatically but require express authorization by the User.
Cookies on Tree of Life
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet, phablet, cell phone or other electronic devise (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track traffic flows.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyze the profile of our visitors so we can provide you with a better user experience.
Clinical Assessments: Questions from clinical scales that measure mental health and well-being. Clinical assessments vary by condition.
Data/results: The quantitative scores that are based on responses to questions in the assessments.
Personal identifying information: Name, address, credit card number
Final Words from Tree of Life
We try to keep Tree of Life safe, but you use it at your own risk. We are providing Tree of Life “As Is” without any express or implied warranties. We do not guarantee that Tree of Life will be safe or secure. Tree of Life is not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties.
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on Tree of Life (such as advertising or payments) By content we mean anything you post on Tree of Life that would not be included in the definition of information. By data we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from Tree of Life or provide to Tree of Life through Platform. By post we mean post on Tree of Life or otherwise make available to us (such as by using an application). By use we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and/or create derivative works.
Understand, that we treat your use of our platform with the utmost respect to your privacy. We keep all information not disclosed above private between the Therapist and the User, keeping only non-decimated “file” copies for reference in case of legal dispute of by court order as we are required to under Federal Laws for period up to seven years or by the applicable State Regulation. File retention protects both the User and the Therapists safety. Tree of Life is not responsible for data lost/exposed/used due to the nature of the Internet and digital environments, including illegal actions of hackers and criminals, technical malfunctions of servers and database etc. These are the accepted risks of our Users and users of the Internet in general. You are agreeing to this standard in using our site.
Tree of Life reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time without notice, and only the current Privacy Statement may be deemed effective. Regardless of later updates or changes to our privacy notice, we will never use the information you submit under our current privacy notice in a new way without first providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prevent that use.
This Privacy notice was last updated on (insert date) and is deemed effective as of this date.